Sunday, February 21, 2010

Title goes here, blog below.


I've been seriously lame about keeping up with this blog. That's a shocker. I can't keep my house clean or my dishes out of the sink, what possibly made me think I could keep a blog going? So, for lack of commitment to actual topics, once again I'll resort to the random samplings my brain produces:

Loved the little bit of the original Battlestar Galactica theme that played on Caprica Friday evening.

Heading to Florida this week for work. Sorry I won't get to visit my family – just no time to visit and no car, and I'll be 2 hours away from them. Sorry family, next time!

A woman I strongly dislike lost her job Friday at the company I work for. After my initial elation, I felt ashamed that I reacted the way I did. No one should have to start over in this terrible economy. Not even the devil incarnate. In all seriousness, I should be ashamed of myself for making light of someone else's misfortune. I'm better than that. I still don't like her, but I still didn't have to be all 'walking on sunshine' about it, especially around others.

My very cool almost-4-year-old requested to watch the Tim Burton Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie tonight. I freaking love that kid. Speaking of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, a friend of mine won a radio contest and will fly to London on Monday to attend the premiere of the new Alice in Wonderland movie. I can't think of a more deserving person to win such an awesome prize. Congrats Amy B, and have the time of your life!

A friend is having her first baby on Monday. Happy birth day, G-man!

Eric Stolz is hotter than donut grease. Still.

I can't wait for Flash Forward to come back. I want to flash-forward and see what happens, but I'm living my life spoiler-free these days.

"The Invention of Lying" was cute. I love Ricky Gervais. I wouldn't mind if he made a ton more movies.

What business does wrestling have on the Sy-Fy channel?? Seriously, I gotta know. And why did they find it necessary to change from "sci-fi" to "sy-fy"? How geeky does this make me sound? Rhetorical.

'Aliens'. Saw it again on tv recently. Ripley's so badass. I forgot Paul Reiser was in this. Oh, I had such the crush on him back in the day.

ALS sucks. Can we just get that out on the table? It took my friend Kathy yesterday. She was an awesome lady. A nice, genuine person with an eye for color, a flair for fabrics and a keen eye for design. She was a member of my quilt guild and was really a very cool lady. I will miss her. I wish I'd written her the letter I'd planned to write her since I heard that she was sick a few years ago. Don't wait. If you think you should, do it.

That's all for now.



3 comments:

  1. ah the orts. gotta love the orts...

    kathy's passing is the reminder you need to tell those you love them that you do love them. she would be proud to have been your inspiration. she knows...

    really, eric stolz? how did i never know this?

    have a good trip, even though it's all work related. time away is time away. enjoy it to the best of your ability.

    don't beat yourself up about the initial elation. we've all felt that when our work nemesis is let go/leaves/etc. the important thing is to watch yourself around coworkers (that's the hardest part). if you feel as though you spoke out of turn in front of someone. tell them and apologize to them for your outburst. there is a place she will fit in better and perhaps not be so insidiously evil. (holy hell, i spelled that right on the first try!!).

    know that i love and adore you and that yes, that is only the tip of what i feel for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post and Shannon's comment remind me of why I thought you guys were so great in HS. And I still do. I went to HS with some pretty fantastic people in Leavenworth, and I love getting to see a glimpse of the incredible grown-ups you've become. :) Looking forward to seeing you in person again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha - I totally forgot I subscribed to your blog. Good thing you don't care about keeping it up either. I keep changing mine's name...nothing sticks. I'll take your suggestions...you seem cleverer than me.

    ReplyDelete