Thursday, June 24, 2010

New Gus-isms

  • As I was getting ready to leave for a business trip, Augusta started writing me a love note to tuck in my suitcase. It consisted of "A-U-G-U-S-T-A M-O-M D-A-D" over and over. I suggested she draw me a picture on the note. She rolled her eyes and said, "Excuse me, MOM. It's called a love NOTE, not a love DRAWING". I stood, corrected.


 

  • Augusta told me, "I love you". I replied, "me too." She said back to me, "me twenty!"


 

  • I was sad when she stopped calling them "hoowee hoops" and started calling them hula hoops.


 

  • After a field trip to the school, she came home and announced, "I smell like a MONKEY!"


 

2 comments:

  1. so so sweet. at least you are writing her little "Gus-isms" down so you can reflect back (and torture here with threats of showing future friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, aunts and uncles).

    ReplyDelete